Premier Gastroenterology Procedures
The physicians of the Centers for Gastroenterology see patients with a wide variety of problems and symptoms, including reflux, abdominal pain, constipation, diseases of the liver, pancreas, and intestines. Most patients are referred to physicians by a primary care provider. Most insurances are accepted. A referral may be required.
What is Gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology is a medical specialty that focuses on the disorders and diseases of the digestive system. The gastrointestinal tract, also known as the alimentary canal, includes organs from the mouth to the anus. Gastroenterologists are physicians who have completed at least eight years of pre-medical and medical education, three years of internal medicine residency, and two to four years of training in a gastroenterology and hepatology fellowship.
Gastroenterology Procedures at Our Facility
At Centers for Gastroenterology, we offer a wide range of gastroenterological procedures. Below, we’ve gone into detail about each of the offered procedures:
- Bowel Incontinence: Bowel incontinence is the inability to control the bowels. Patients are often surprised to learn that this is caused by an underlying — often treatable — medical condition. We offer InterStim therapy to patients who are not candidates for other treatment options.
- Capsule Endoscopy (Pillcam): This procedure allows your doctor to examine the lining of the middle part of your gastrointestinal tract. You will receive a pill-sized video camera to swallow.
- Colonoscopy: This procedure examines the lining of your large intestine for abnormalities. A thin, flexible tube is inserted into your anus and slowly advanced through the rectum and colon.
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS): This procedure examines the esophageal and stomach linings and the upper and lower gastrointestinal tract walls.
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP): This specialized procedure is used to study the bile ducts, pancreatic duct, and gallbladder.
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: This procedure lets your doctor thoroughly inspect the lining of your rectum and a portion of your large intestine.
- Hemorrhoid Treatment: We offer the CRH O’Regan System® – a simple, painless, and effective way to treat hemorrhoids. It’s a unique take on hemorrhoid banding (rubber band ligation).
- Infusions: Our infusion department offers the latest biological therapy to treat Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease. We also provide intravenous iron for patients with iron-deficient anemia.
- Manometry: This procedure measures the pressures and the pattern of muscle contractions in your esophagus. It is also used to diagnose the conditions that can cause these symptoms.
- Upper Endoscopy: During this procedure, your doctor will examine the lining of the upper part of your gastrointestinal tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum.
- 24-Hour PH Impedance Test: This procedure evaluates your reflux and monitors your pH level (level of acidity) for a prolonged period.
Contact Centers for Gastroenterology Today
Centers for Gastroenterology are dedicated to providing premier gastroenterological procedures. Contact Centers for Gastroenterology today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about our various procedures.